Food, shelter, and clothing were among the traditional needs of man. As years and technology progresses, the list expanded to include healthcare and education.
Electricity is among those included in the expanded list of man’s basic needs. It is something that truly belongs to the list. All of us need it to survive a day in world. It helps us cook and store food, it allows us to stay be connected to the outside world, keeps you warm on a winter night, and allows you to stay at sane levels of temperature during a hot summer day.
You can easily just how much EMF exposure you have in your house simply by using an EMF meter to test.
However, as all technologies go, it also comes with a big caveat. Dirty electricity is one of those things. If exposed to this pollution, researchers claimed there is a higher risk for development of chronic and non-chronic health issues. This article will focus on the definition of dirty electricity, common sources of dirty electricity, side-effects of being exposed to it, and how can a Stetzer filter protect you from this health hazard.
Dirty Electricity and Why You Should Know It
Dirty electricity is electromagnetic energy that deviates from the pure 50/60 Hertz sine wave. The history of its name can be traced back to the term “dirty power.” It was commonly used in the electric power industry to refer to high frequency voltage transients that are produced by interruptions in the electrical current flow. The deviations are normally in the lower radiofrequent spectrum.
Is There Dirty Electricity at Home?
Yes, and it is even easy for you to determine whether there is dirty electricity in your home. Dirty electricity in homes are mostly found in appliances and things that use electricity.
As you might know by now, dirty electricity happens when there is a sudden change in the electrical current flow. There are dozens of appliances who’s need for electricity spike up and down during a day. It is this demand for energy that enables them to produce this product.
The following are common household appliances that are capable of producing dirty electricity:
- Plugged in laptops and computers;
- Light dimmer switches;
- Television sets;
- Solar panel installations;
- Hair dryers;
- Fluorescent lightbulbs;
- Microwave ovens;
- Wi-Fi routers; and
- Electric fans.
Dangers of Dirty Electricity
Researchers investigated several health issues that could have been impacted by exposure to dirty electricity. They suspect that it plays a major role in the development of various diseases.
Studies usually compare the amount of dirty electricity an individual is exposed to and the risk of developing serious and non-serious health conditions. Most efforts centered on measuring the contribution of subjects’ constant exposure to more than 50/60 Hertz sinewave.
The following are some health conditions linked with dirty electricity:
- Diabetes – various studies looked on the direct correlation between dirty electricity and increased blood sugar. A study concluded that there is a direct relationship between increased blood sugar levels and exposure to dirty electrities. The conclusion was made after researchers observed diabetics who expressed experiencing elevated levels of blood sugar while they recorded high amount of dirty electricity at home.
- Multiple sclerosis – A study investigated the link between exposure to dirty electricity and multiple sclerosis concluded that there is potential that the former impacts symptoms associated with the disease. One of the participants of the study disclosed that he experienced less episodes of the disease’s symptoms after several Graham/Stetzer filters in his home. He also reported normal function after the installation of the filters.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – A 2011 study found that the significant contribution of exposure to dirty electricity on episodes of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among schoolchildren in classrooms across the U.S. The author claimed students were calmer and was able to function normally in spaces where they are less exposed to dirty electricity.
- Tinnitus or ringing in the ears – A study on several people constantly exposed to dirty electricity and were asked to install Stetzer filters at home found the effectiveness of using the latter to get rid of the impact of dirty electricity. A man who participated in the study confirmed experiencing less ringing in his ear after installing the said filters. Tinnitus can be caused by dirty electricity due to the fact that the heating of the sound before it reaches your auditory nerves. However, the study concluded that there might be an external factor that also contributes to the sensation.
How Can I Protect Myself and Others?
Electric power industry professionals use filters to weed out dirty electricity. These contraptions are called Stetzer filters. Their main goal is to return electrical current flow back to its normal 50/60 Hertz power.
Stetzer filters can return dirty electricity back to its normal electrical current flow with its integrated High-Frequency EM Pollution Reducer (HF EMPOR). Designed by Dr. Martin Graham, this component is responsible for eliminating or reducing the amount of electromagnetic field and other kinds of radiation at home.
Where Can I Buy These Stetzer Filters?
Stetzer filters are offered in various e-commerce platforms from eBay to Amazon. It comes in different configurations depending on where you live. But all still has the same goal – to reduce, if not eliminate, the amount of dirty electricity you are exposed to. In the U.S., electromagnetic field radiation shielding experts recommend using Stetzer filters with 120 volts, 60Hz configurations. If you are in Great Britain, you might want to get filters with 230 volts, 50Hz configuration.
You would not need to go out of your home when buying this kind of filter. E-commerce platforms like eBay and Amazon offers Graham/Stetzer filters for dirty electricity. The following are some of listings for Stetzer filters online:
This Graham Stetzer filter from Stetzerizer Filter promises an easy install, a design that makes it fit for any wall socket, and effectiveness in getting rid of dirty electricity. The company also claims that this filter was designed to harmonics and other high frequency current from electrical environments. This product was named as an Amazon Choice on the e-commerce platform.
Greenwave also offers a dirty electricity filtering option. This product promises to deliver a great user experience. It can be easily plugged into any wall socket and is effective in reducing the amount of dirty electricity at you home. It also comes with safety certification and is compliant with standards on products free of hazardous materials.
Are They Easy to Install?
Yes, most just need to be plugged into a wall socket to function. There is also no wait time for the device to reduce the amount of dirty electricity in a room. Installation of Stetzer filters is basically plug and go. For those who want a step-by-step instruction on how to install a Stetzer filter, do follow these:
- Turn on appliances that make use of electricity including televisions, personal computers, and Wi-Fi routers.
- Install the first few filters are recommended to be placed in sockets where you plug in your television and computer. EMF shielding experts recommend this as it reduces the dirty electricity coming from those things capable of producing a high amount of dirty electricity.
- Measure the amount of dirty electricity after installation. It will allow you to determine where there is a need to install the remaining Stetzer filters. You can assess where to install the next filter by using the Microsurge Meter. This meter allows you to easily and instantly determine the amount of dirty electricity in an area.
- If the meter’s reading shows a lower amount of dirty electricity after plugging the filter, leave it where it is currently plugged. However, filters that were not able to lower the number of dirty electricity should be moved to another wall socket. It is recommended that the amount of dirty electricity be reduced by about 20%.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until you have covered most of your home.
- The kitchen should be the last stop of your installation process. The reason behind this is that there are many small appliances in the kitchen that is plugged only when in use. Additionally, there is also a big chance that your kitchen’s wall socket is connected with a socket that already has a Stetzer filter.
Stetzer Filter – Something You Never Knew You Needed
We are living at a time when we are very dependent on electricity. It makes life more convenient for you. It provides you comfort when you need it most.
Electricity also powers every item you can consider essential in the 21st century. However, studies have continuous found that there are side-effects for every advancement in technology. The biggest concern is that it directly impacts human health. Good thing is there are solutions for every disadvantage that comes with a new technology.
Stetzer filters are among those capable of allowing you to take advantage of new breakthroughs. It is a capable contraption that protects you from the harm caused by exposure to dirty electricity. The use of such product can shield you against health issues like cancer, sleep quality, and multiple sclerosis caused by dirty electricity.